Head of Capital Markets
About the role
We are seeking an experienced and creative Head of Capital Markets to develop and execute our long-term capital strategy. The ideal candidate brings a proven track record of capital markets leadership at high-growth fintech companies, funds, or banks. Multiply’s Head of Capital Markets will work closely with the company’s founders and leaders to scale access to a $2T asset class and provide financial empowerment for people across the tech industry.
- Develop and execute a long-term capital strategy that supports the rapid growth of our business.
- Cultivate and own our relationships with lenders, investors, and financial institutions to ensure access to capital and manage risk.
- Identify opportunities to expand capital markets relationships into new products and revenue opportunities.
- Build the systems and processes necessary to operate multiple warehouse facilities, unlock new sources of capital, and develop a securitization program.
- Depending on candidate and experience, responsibilities may include other or all elements of the Finance function.
- 8+ years experience at a fintech issuer, credit fund, and/or top-tier investment bank
- Experience with financing novel consumer and/or esoteric assets
- Extensive relationships across the credit world
- Exceptional analytical and financial modeling capabilities with the ability to dive into financial and legal details
- Excellent communication, sales, and interpersonal skills with the confidence and charisma to sell, build relationships, and negotiate with investors, lenders, and other financial institutions
- Ambitious, dedicated, and excited about working in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment devoted to the purpose of financial empowerment
Nice to have:
- Experience raising first-of-its-kind funds, with expert level knowledge in structuring financing vehicles
- Technology sector investment experience (debt and/or equity)
Multiply is building financial products for tech employees and founders.
We’re starting with an affordable line of credit secured by private tech company stock, enabling tech employees to buy a home, pay tuition, pay for their wedding, and other major life events without giving up any equity or waiting for an exit. It’s the most affordable, convenient, and fair source of liquidity available.
Multiply partners with companies to offer our line of credit as an employee benefit, helping them attract and retain top talent in a competitive hiring market.
Over time, we will deepen our relationship with the customers we serve through additional financial products tailored to the unique needs of tech employees, including credit cards, wealth management, and tax optimization.
Multiply is a Series A startup backed by Kleiner Perkins, A* Capital, and Box Group, as well as founders and executives from Plaid, Figma, DoorDash, Notion, Instacart, Faire, Flexport, Ramp, Niantic, Rippling, Iterable, Lattice, Newfront, and more.