Date of Last Revision: July 27, 2022
For individuals residing in the United States, you may also refer to the Multiply U.S. Consumer Privacy Notice, which provides additional details about our collection, use, and sharing of your personal information in connection with the financial services that we provide to individuals, and associated rights you may have under federal law.
Please read this Policy carefully to understand our policies and practices regarding your information. By continuing to interact with our Services, you are consenting to the practices described in this Policy. This Policy may change from time to time (see Changes to this Policy). Your continued use of this Website or our other Services after we make changes is deemed acceptance of those changes, so please check the Policy periodically for updates.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
The categories of personal information we collect depend on how you interact with us and our Services, and the requirements of applicable law. As further described below, we collect information that you provide to us, or that we obtain automatically when you use our Services, and we may additionally obtain information about you from third parties. In order to provide our Services, we partner with or otherwise use third-party companies to perform certain business-related functions on Multiply’s behalf (“Service Providers”), which may also collect personal information from or about you. In addition to the information below, please see “How We Share Your Information,” for more information about our Service Providers.
- Information that you provide directly to us
- Registration information. If you register open an account, we collect your name, email address and login details, your residential address (including postcode and country), your social security number, your date of birth, your phone number, information from or photographs of your government-issued identification, and any additional information you choose to provide us.
- Employment and equity information. This information may include the type and amount of equity holdings you have been granted by your employer, the applicable vesting schedule, and the extent to which those equity holdings have vested. We may also use third parties, such as your employer, to assist us in collecting and verifying this information.
- Communications to Multiply. You may contact us via a contact form, email, by chat services or by other means (for example, with questions about our Services, for customer support, or to let us know your ideas for new products or modifications to existing products). You may also choose to respond to surveys that we send out. When you contact us, we collect the information you choose to provide us, such as your contact details, any images you choose to upload and the contents and nature of your message.
- Information that is passively or automatically collected
We also automatically collect certain information based on your use of our Services. This data would include your activities on our Services. For example, we, or our third-party partners, may collect:
- Activity Information. This information may include details of the activities you carry out when using our Services, including visits to our Website. We may also collect your geographic location when you use a location-enabled device with our Services and sensor data from your device.
- Technical Information. This information may include the Internet protocol (“IP”) address used to connect your device to the internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system, and device identification information. Some of this information, such as your IP address, may identify your geographic region, time zone, and other rough location data.
- Information that we obtain from Third Parties
Multiply may also obtain information about you from third parties. If you are an employee of a company that uses our Services, such third parties may include your employer. This information may include information necessary for us to complete registration processes, verify your identity and employment status, confirm your equity holdings, and for similar administrative purposes. We may also obtain information about you from third parties in connection with our fraud prevention, detection, and mitigation processes.
COOKIES AND THIRD PARTY INTEGRATIONS
- Essential Cookies. Some Cookies are strictly necessary to make our Services available to you (“Essential Cookies”). We cannot provide our Services without these Essential Cookies.
- Your Choices Regarding Cookies
You may stop or restrict the placement of some types of Cookies on your device or remove them by adjusting your preferences as your browser or device permits. You can also consult the “Help” section of your browser for more information (e.g. Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Apple Safari). However, please note that cookie-based opt-outs are typically not effective on mobile applications. You may opt-out of personalized advertisements on some mobile applications by following the instructions for Android, iOS and others. Please note that we do not recognize nor respond to browser-initiated DNT signals, which are a privacy preference that users can set in certain web browsers, as the Internet industry is currently still working toward defining exactly what DNT means, what it means to comply with DNT, and developing a common approach to responding to DNT. To learn more about Do Not Track, you can do so here.
The online advertising industry additionally provides websites from which you may opt out of receiving targeted ads from data partners and other advertising partners that participate in self-regulatory programs. You can access these and learn more about targeted advertising and consumer choice and privacy by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative, the Digital Advertising Alliance, the European Digital Advertising Alliance, the Your Ad Choices for App tool, and the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada. Please note you must separately opt out in each browser and on each device.
- Other Third Party Integrations
In addition, we use Google Analytics on our Website, which allows us to view information about traffic to our Webpage and helps us understand how Website visitors use our Services. For more information about how Google uses information it collects from Google Analytics, please visit https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use the information that you provide (or otherwise permit the Services to access) for the following purposes:
- Communicating With You. We may use the information we collect to contact you for administrative purposes (e.g. to provide services and information that you request or to respond to comments and questions). Subject to your preferences regarding marketing communications, we may also use the information we collect to send you communications relating to the Services, such as updates on events, communications relating to products and services offered by us and by third parties, and communications about services we believe will be of interest to you.
If you have chosen to provide us with your mobile number, we may communicate with you to provide information regarding your Multiply account by phone or text message. You can reply “STOP” to such text messages to opt out of any informational text messages about your account.
- Providing the Services. We use the information we collect to operate, maintain, and provide our Services, such as enabling access to the Services, customer support, or to complete transactions.
- Security and Fraud Prevention. We use the information we collect to secure our Services and to verify identity, prevent fraud, and to continually improve these aspects of our Services.
- Analytics, Research and Product Development. We use the information we collect to analyze data usage trends and preferences in order to improve the accuracy, effectiveness, security, usability or popularity of our Services. We further use data in connection with our research on our customer demographics, interests and behavior.
- Customization. We use the information we collect, such as device identifiers, to learn how users interact with our Services in order to personalize the content of our Services.
- Legal. We use information we collect to defend our legal rights, comply with federal, state, local, regional or international laws, and to enforce our Terms of Service and this Policy.
- Use of Aggregated Data. We may aggregate, anonymize and/or de-identify information collected from or about you so that the information no longer identifies you (“Aggregated Data”).
HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
There are certain circumstances in which we share information collected through the Services with third parties, as set forth below. Multiply does not sell your personal information.
- With our Successors-in-interest. We will share your information with third parties in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer, or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets, or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings) and, in each case, any due diligence relating thereto.
- With our Banking Partners. We may share your information among our banking partner(s) in order to provide our Services. The purposes for which we may share information with these entities include providing you with the Services; account administration functions; authenticating accounts; and conducting the other activities described in this Policy.
- With our agents, Consultants, Vendors and Related Third Parties. We provide access to or share your information with our Service Providers so they can perform services for us. Examples of such functions include marketing, mailing information, data storage, security, identity verification, fraud prevention, payment processing, legal services, and maintaining databases. We limit the personal information provided in this context to that which is reasonably necessary for them to perform their functions, and we require them to agree to maintain the confidentiality of such information.
- With your Employer. Multiply may share some Aggregated Data about the use of our Services with your employer. This information does not personally identify you.
- To Meet our Legal Requirements. Multiply may disclose your information when we have a good faith belief that doing so is necessary to: (i) comply with the law including with subpoenas, search warrants, court orders, and other legal process; and respond to inquiries or requests from government, regulatory, law enforcement, public authorities, or content protection organizations; (ii) protect and defend the legal rights, privacy, safety or property of Multiply, its affiliates, subsidiaries, employees, agents, contractors, or its users; (iii) permit us to pursue available remedies, commence, participate in, or defend litigation, or limit the damages we may sustain; or (iv) enforce this Policy or any applicable Terms of Service.
- Your Consent. In certain situations, we may share your information in the event that you consent to or authorize the sharing of your information, such as if you link or login through a social network account, or if you consent to our providing your contact information to a specific partner.
- Aggregated Data. We may share Aggregated Data with our affiliates, agents, business partners, research facilities, or other third parties, including your employer.
- Cookies and Other Electronic Technologies. Information is shared as stated in the Section of this Policy entitled “Cookies and Third Party Integrations.”
- Other Users of Our Services. We provide your information to other users of our Services if you choose to make your information publicly available in a publicly accessible area of the Services.
Our Services are not designed for use by individuals under the age of 18. If you are under the age of 18, please do not use the Services and/or submit any information through the Services. If you have reason to believe that a child under the age of 18 has provided personal information to Multiply through the Services, please contact us at email@example.com, and we will delete that information from our databases to the extent required by law.
While no organization can guarantee perfect security, Multiply has implemented commercially reasonable physical, technical, and organizational security measures to protect the information provided via the Services from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction.
If you have created an account with us, you are responsible for keeping confidential any usernames and passwords you use to access our Services. Do not to share this password with anyone else and not to use this password for other services or products.
RETENTION AND DELETION OF YOUR INFORMATION
We retain your information for as long as we deem necessary for the purpose for which that information was collected and for our legitimate business operations; provided, however, that your information is only retained to the extent permitted or required by applicable laws. When we no longer need to retain your information, we will take reasonable steps to remove it from our systems and records and/or take steps to anonymize it so that you can no longer be identified from it in accordance with our internal document retention policies.
When determining the retention period for your information, we take into account various criteria, such as the type of products and services requested by or provided to you, the nature and length of our relationship with you, possible re-enrollment with our Services, the impact on the Services we provide to you if we delete some information about you, and mandatory retention periods provided by law and associated limitations periods.
To close an account that you have created with us, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Closure or deletion of your account may mean that you lose access to the personal information and data associated with the account. Certain personal information or de-identified information associated with your account may nonetheless remain on systems owned or maintained by us when required to comply with the law, our contractual obligations, or in carrying out legitimate business functions.
Each marketing communication we send you will contain instructions permitting you to “opt out” of receiving future marketing communications. In addition, if at any time you do not wish to receive future marketing communications, please contact us at the email address or postal address set forth under “Contacting Multiply,” below. If you opt out of receiving marketing communications, we may still send you informational emails about your account or any Services you have requested, used, or received.
Your access to and use of the Services is subject to Multiply’s Terms of Service and other terms that may be made available to you in connection with your use of the Services.
Multiply reserves the right to update or modify this Policy periodically and at any time. We will notify you of any material updates or changes we make to this Policy. If you disagree with our revisions to the Policy, you can deactivate your account or discontinue the use of our Services. Please review this Policy periodically for any updates or changes to this Policy.
By using our Services after any such update or modification, you acknowledge that you have read and understood the terms of the Policy as updated or modified.
Please contact us if you have any questions about this Policy or the information practices of the Services. You can contact us as follows:
Multiply Operations, LLC
548 Market St. Suite 84274
San Francisco, CA 94104